Join now - be part of our community!

Problems accessing e-support website

luk4ss
Visitor

Problems accessing e-support website

I'm not sure, but in the morning I couldn't access the e-support webpage on my Vaio, now as I don't have it anymore I use my university's computers and cannot access this site either.
Does anybody else have the same problem? Please check this for me as it is vital that I know what's going on with my computer..
thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Eugenepang
Visitor

hmm the only thing that i can access this morning is the club -vaio when i wanted to upload some wallpaper it kept saying error page.. than after that i try to upload again this evening everything is ok, and there is some changes too now you can select all kind of resolution of the wallpaper to upload.. so i guess they are updating thier site?

luk4ss
Visitor

I thought that too, let's see till tomorrow!
Hopefully it will be up and running..
but just as well it may be down for all the three weeks I will be spending without my Vaio...
What a band of tossers.
I'm out! No more Vaios!

Kawasaki
Visitor

I have not been able to access e-support or sony updates since leaving the UK over a month ago. I am wondering if my UK registered Vaio is in fact barred from accessing these services if it is trying to do so from outside the UK/EU?

Eugenepang
Visitor

and why would they do that?

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Good point - I doubt Sony would do that, after all the site is desgined as far as I can tell for global worldwide access, irrespective of where the computer was bought from.

It is more likely that the portal is offline for maintenance or upgrade work, so it is best to be patient, or if you have to contact Sony urgently, by using the phone numbers listed on VAIO-Link.

Kawasaki
Visitor

Unfortunately I have been trying to contact Vaio-link from outside the UK for the past week. The 0870 phone number is not accessible (even trying the 44870); I don't have access to e-support; Sony Japan told me to contact Sony UK; on another posting someone gave me a fax number to which I sent a plea for help but have not received a reply after 5 days. All rather frustrating. I thought having an international warrenty would make things easy if anything went wrong.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It is more likely that the portal is offline for maintenance or upgrade work, so it is best to be patient, or if you have to contact Sony urgently, by using the phone numbers listed on VAIO-Link.

That site has more maintenance than DVD problems on this forum!