Join now - be part of our community!

Problems recovering Vaio VNG CR21S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
321esm
Visitor

Problems recovering Vaio VNG CR21S

Hi

I've been having problems with my 3 year old Vaio for the best part of the last 18 months. As I found my recovery disks I decided to try to do a complete system restore, having backed up all my critical data. However this didn't work and I got a couple of errors (from memory maybe error numbers 318/319/320?). Today I decided I would just try to use it normally however I can't log on as the system recovery options persist in coming up. I can't load drivers and when I launch the Vaio recovery centre it doesn't let me Restore the C drive, although it has just let me Restore Complete System (which threw up errors before).

Can anyone help - either in letting me back into Windows or by helping me restore?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi 321esm,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Try doing a system recovery using the hidden HDD partition, to do this restart your vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10 key repeatedly..

Try the Complete recovery option of the VAIO Recovery Center Wizard.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi 321esm,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Try doing a system recovery using the hidden HDD partition, to do this restart your vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10 key repeatedly..

Try the Complete recovery option of the VAIO Recovery Center Wizard.