Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with the language packs on a RS504

ChrisRobinson
Visitor

Problems with the language packs on a RS504

Hello all,
I just purchased a brand new RS504 and on the box it says the software is in English. However, upon start up, it's become apparent that the computer is operating under a Dutch version of XP. I've tried to change it by going to the Control Panel and the Language and Time etc. option and I've changed everything to English but even after restarting, the menu's and help files still appear in Dutch.
Some of the software like the Adobe bundled stuff is in English but everything else in Dutch.
Any help on changing it to English would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I would speak to VAIO-Link as they have sent you the wrong PC.

ChrisRobinson
Visitor

Would it be possible for them to just send me the correct CD instead of having to send the PC back?
And if so, could you perhaps provide me with some contact details for them?

kee-lo_

I doubt it, as the BIOS records the language.

The phone number is on www.vaio-link.com

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Have you thought about learning Dutch?
:wink:

TygerTyger
Visitor

Hahaha. Your secret's out Rizla, it's obvious you're a Sony Support Technician. I've seen their solution sheet on this topic, it goes:

Option 1: Suggest learning Dutch
Option 2: Pretend it's English, the customer just isn't reading it properly.
Option 3: Insist it's supposed to be like that.
Option 4: Advise that English is incompatible with Windows XP, suggest purchase of 'Sony English' pack; very much like English but with high quality words at a premium price, and written by the current Poet Laureate.
Option 5: Sorry, your serial number/email address is not on file. Please enter correct details.

tellingd
Visitor

:laughing: :clap:
Nice one Tyger

kee-lo_

ROFL classic post TT, love it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: