Join now - be part of our community!

PROBLEMS WITH VAIO UPDATE 3!!!!!!!!!!!

ciba
Visitor

PROBLEMS WITH VAIO UPDATE 3!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Vaio FE21B, and I'm having problems with Vaio Update 3 because it only open on Firefox, and thus it's impossible to access it and to update (only works on IE). I tried to unistall Firefox and to make IE the default browser, but still either doesn't open a page (with Firefox unistalled) or open everytime on IE (when IE is the default browser). Does someone know how to fix it?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

Hi Ciba,

Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES) provides a one-button solution to get Internet Explorer settings to its workable state.

Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP and 7+ in Windows Vista have many security enhancements which make Internet Explorer less susceptible to spyware and malware. But still browsing experience in Internet Explorer can get affected by badly written add-ons. This feature allows Internet Explorer to recover from such situations.

After RIES is run, the user will notice default settings of Home Pages, Search Scopes, Browsing History, Form Data, Passwords, Appearance Settings, Toolbars, and ActiveX controls.

To invoke RIES from IE7 and IE7+, go to Tools Menu, Internet Options, Advanced Tab and click on Reset… button. If Internet Explorer is in a state where it cannot be started, one can get to RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.