Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with VCM Intelligent Analyzing Manager

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Steve52
New

Problems with VCM Intelligent Analyzing Manager

I've just started using a new VAIO E Series SVE1511QES and copied all the files from my old laptop at the weekend.  No problems with the file uploads and happy with the new laptop until I had a look at VAIO Media Gallery yesterday.  Since then the laptop has ground to a halt with the CPU and disk working overtime.  VCM Intelligent Analyzing Manager (VIAM)  is going through every photo and video I have (>10,000) and creating a new folder for each one with several files in each folder, this is taking forever as it appears to be trawling through the photos several times.  The folders being created are (filename).m2ts.files or (filename).MPG.files or (filename).AVI.files.  I've suspended VIAM but if I restart the laptop the whole process starts again.

I've checked out VAIO Media Gallery on the internet, the reviews are not great and there doesn't appear to be any real benefit in using it.  So, in an attempt to stop VIAM I deleted Media Gallery but VIAM just keeps on going.

The question is how can I stop VIAM doing what it's doing?  Why is it trawling through all my photos?  Is there any benefit in just letting it run, which will probably take a couple of days?

Please help!!

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Steve52,

Try disabling VCM Intelligent Analyzing Manager in Services.

Click Start and type Services in the search field > click on the result > scroll down to VAIO Content Metadata Intelligent Analyzing Manager >right click and select properties > General tab > Startup type > Disabled.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Steve52,

Try disabling VCM Intelligent Analyzing Manager in Services.

Click Start and type Services in the search field > click on the result > scroll down to VAIO Content Metadata Intelligent Analyzing Manager >right click and select properties > General tab > Startup type > Disabled.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Steve52
New

Hi Rich,

Many thanks for your reply, I've done as you suggested.

My only question is will disabling this software have any other impact on my laptop / system?

Steve

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Steve,

According to Sony "This is a software library, which assists VAIO Content Importer / Exporter in analysing and working with media content", so basically if you don't use any of the Vaio Media applications you don't need it.

It was one of the first services I disabled and have had no adverse effects.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Steve52
New

Many thanks for your help Rich, much appreciated.

Steve

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome Steve :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.fr_FR.title
ygourven2
Visitor

@Rich and @Steve

Thank you so much Rich for answering the question, and Steve for asking it. Very useful.

Best

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome ygourven2 :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat