Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with VGN-CR11Z

Caoil
Visitor

Problems with VGN-CR11Z

Has anyone else any experience of these?? I haven't seen anyone else posting on the forum about this particular model yet - am I to assume that things are generally okay with them and I'm just stuck with a dud?

I got it just over a month ago and the problem has existed pretty much since I first turned it on. The fan seems to be going constantly, in an on-off-on-off manner. The laptop is pretty much never silent, which is hard to understand particularly when this thing is being marketed as some sort of fashion accessory! I was also alarmed to see it being reviewed on a laptop website as 'one of the quietest laptops [the reviewer] ever used' - this is certainly not the case for me.

Not only is the fan noisy but the DVD drive has also started making that super fast rotating/grinding noise that I'd expect from a laptop thats seen a few more years (and DVDs) than this one! Combine the two noises and its almost impossible to watch a DVD without having the volume on full.

Other smaller annoying problems include the volume failing after coming out of Hibernate mode and the tons of preinstalled crap clogging up the system.

I was so excited about getting this computer. Now I'm just at a loss :slight_frown:

1 REPLY 1
Caoil
Visitor

Nobody at all??

:slight_frown: