Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Windows XP and Recovering without Disks

intheory
Visitor

Problems with Windows XP and Recovering without Disks

I have had quite severe driver issues which continued to cause my system to display the evil blue screen and consequently

I tried to reinstall windows however the disk is faulty and so cannot install windows hence....laptop unusable. How can i obtain copies of windows CD's as have serial but no disk...

How long can it take to obtain these, how can you...Is there any download etc...??

I would appreciate help in this matter

Model - TX3
Purchased -- about 1 month ago!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi intheory,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Your TX3 comes with a hidden HDDR system, you can restore your Vaio by following this guide or press F10 repeatedly when booting your Vaio should start the recovery process (make sure your CD drive is empty first)

Once completed follow this guide and create a couple sets of Recovery disc's..:smileyhappy:

intheory
Visitor

I have proceeded to do this and have succefully reinstalled windows however i have the same intermittant driver problem i had previously despite a clean install of windows.

It is constantly rebooting via dreaded blue screen and on logging on it prompts the error report which is indicating a problem with the video adaptor driver. I followed the instructions and put graphics acceleration to none for the time being however has had no impact.

It is rebooting on being logged on for 1-2 mins. I have previously run a virus scanner through it and nothing was picked up...

Occasionally the error report has been an unknown driver and i am being advised windows has had to terminate. Also it has advised me windows SP2 needs to terminate at one point.

I have tried to provide the latest driver but not sufficient time to install it as resets.

Don't really know what to do!!!

Any Suggestions?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi intheory,

Does your system stay up if you boot into Safe Mode (tap F8 when you see the Vaio logo on start-up)? This will load a default video driver and may give you enough time to install the updated driver. Your screen may look a bit odd.

:wink:

intheory
Visitor

Yes,

I have been able to install the driver and it did stop the restarting and driver error, however after 1 day or so of repairing it when it does not occur, starts again and the more it does it, the shorter the time period of occurence.

Any Ideas as now getting somewhat frustrated.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Intheroy,

I have escalated this to Vaio-link for you, please post back if you receive a reply..:smileyhappy: