Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with wireless :-(

ppb1987
Visitor

Problems with wireless :-(

Hey guys, I hope that someone can help me!

I am having a problem with the wirelss on my Vaio VGN-FS215Z. The wireless signal in my house is "excellent or very good" everywhere, yet I still keep getting disconnected from the internet and my computer is "acquiring network address". I am the only other person who seems to be having this problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'm going to have to book my laptop in for a service at PC World or somewhere 😞

Many thanks.

Paul

16 REPLIES 16
ppb1987
Visitor

Hey- thanks again for all the help- I hope that we can get to the bottom of this!

1) no, I still get disconnected frequently if I move my laptop around, including right on top of the router

2) no my wlan isn't secured, therefore eliminating incorrect password theories

3) I didn't see any other IP addresses apart from:

IP Address-192.168.2.6
Subnet Mask- 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway-192.168.2.1

:
Please help!! 😞

Regards, Paul

KingGeorge
Visitor

Is your network encrypted?
Some hardware has trouble with some kinds of encryption.
If you use WPA, try switching to WEP or the other way round...

That might help if you have excellent signal but no internet...

ppb1987
Visitor

Nope, it isn't encrypted! 😞

ppb1987
Visitor

pleaaaase help!!!!!!!!!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
joes1999999
Visitor

i have the same problem....ive tried everything

does anyone have an solution  ?

vaio vgnfe41e vista home premium

thanks

off topic... why is there no search box for this website...... ? makes you wonder

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

off topic... why is there no search box for this website...... ? makes you wonder

Just as a matter of interest, how did you find this post from 5 years ago without using the Search Function?

Have you tried replacing the Wireless Card?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
joes1999999
Visitor

^^ using the popular tags and similar questions whilst pulling my hair out looking for a solution to this huge problem for the last few years... so why did you answer to this and not the new topic i had placed about this a week earlier...??

replace the new wireless card ? what could have gone wrong with the one that is in this vaio ?? do you think it may not be working as it should even tho my device manager says the device is working properly?? any ideas why that is..??

... and back on topic why is there no search box for this website...??