Join now - be part of our community!

Programmes with foreign titles preinstalled on my Vaio?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
MissDisgruntled
Visitor

Programmes with foreign titles preinstalled on my Vaio?

Can anyone help?

Whilst looking in the list of programmes which had been installed on my shiny new Vaio, I noticed amongst them the following (highlighted):

Foreign progs.jpg

Should I be concerned that there are programmes with names in a foreign language on my UK laptop? It just doesn't seem right  that I don't know what they're for - or doing :thinking:

Any insight gratefully received

Sue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MissDisgruntled,

As these are all Live Mesh ActiveX I think you will find that this is connected with the MUI of Windows Live Essentials which allows multi language change across the suite via Control Panel. Useful if you do need to change language as it includes spell checker for a number of languages – otherwise of no use.

You can uninstall the foreign language versions but as they take up very little space I would leave as is.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MissDisgruntled,

As these are all Live Mesh ActiveX I think you will find that this is connected with the MUI of Windows Live Essentials which allows multi language change across the suite via Control Panel. Useful if you do need to change language as it includes spell checker for a number of languages – otherwise of no use.

You can uninstall the foreign language versions but as they take up very little space I would leave as is.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
MissDisgruntled
Visitor

Many thanks Rich

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome Sue:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat