Join now - be part of our community!

Question about the collect and delivery rules

profile.country.en_GB.title
hubert233
Visitor

Question about the collect and delivery rules

Hello everybody,

Three months ago I bough my Sony Vaio. Unfortunately 1 week ago on my screen there appeared one white vertical line.

I was calling to Sony Support Center, they will collect my Vaio tomorrow or day after tomorrow as it is under warranty.

My question is - what should I do when the courier is at my home - should I give him my Vaio with or without battery? What should I be gotten to prove that he collect (not steal!) my Vaio? What about the original Vaio box and recipe - should I just show him them or give him them?

Thank you for any help!

Hubert

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
hubert233
Visitor

Well, Vaio Center phone calls have costed me already 15L and it looks that I have to call them again tomorrow.

They promised me to send all the information about delivery etc. via e-mail, but till now there is no answer!

I will call them again tomorrow as I want to avoid any problems - I cannot even imagine that some courier will cheat me and steal my Vaio ! :wink:

Thank you very much for help, if you know anything more (maybe someone else has some experience with that subject) I will be grateful for help as well :)!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

It's probably best that you contact vaio support if you are unsure of the procedure..

However this is what I think happens..

should I give him my Vaio with or without battery?

No you do not need to leave the battery attached.

What should I be gotten to prove that he collect (not steal!) my Vaio? 

You could ask the driver for a reciept, but to be fair how would the driver know to collect your vaio if he hadn't been sent by Sony support..

What about the original Vaio box and recipe - should I just show him them or give him them?

The driver should bring a pick-up box to safely pack your Vaio into before loading it in his van, so you shouldn't need to use your original box.

If it was me I would not let a driver take my vaio if I was not satisfied that it was safely placed into a box..:smileywink:

As to the reciept did Vaio support ask for this.?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Has you vaio been successfully collected.?

If so did your receive some documentation and possibly tracking numbers.?

Did you get your questions answered by Vaio support, if not send me your case number via Private message and I'll see if I can arrange for someone to contact you..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi hubert233,

did the collection process go ok.?