Join now - be part of our community!

Ram Upgrade

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
cherianac
Visitor

Ram Upgrade

Hey, I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH3N6E I want to upgrade my laptop from 4gb ram to 6 or 8gb ram, was just wondering what type card I need to buy for it. Also since im in my gaurantee period does sony centers do this upgrading free for me if i buy the card and give it to them. Thanks

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi cherianac,

The maximum supported RAM for your model is 8GB.

From the specifications for your model:

Memory Size (GB)

Memory Type

PC3-10600

Memory Specification

DDR3 SDRAM

Memory Speed (MHz)

Memory Composition

4 GB (SO-DIMM) x 1

Max. Supported Memory

8 GB

This will not be fitted free of charge but as long as you follow the usual guidelines for avoiding static discharge whilst installing memory you should have no problems. If in doubt have a competent repairer carry out the RAM upgrade.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi cherianac,

The maximum supported RAM for your model is 8GB.

From the specifications for your model:

Memory Size (GB)

Memory Type

PC3-10600

Memory Specification

DDR3 SDRAM

Memory Speed (MHz)

Memory Composition

4 GB (SO-DIMM) x 1

Max. Supported Memory

8 GB

This will not be fitted free of charge but as long as you follow the usual guidelines for avoiding static discharge whilst installing memory you should have no problems. If in doubt have a competent repairer carry out the RAM upgrade.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cherianac
Visitor

Thankyou very much for the quick reply, I also want to know how many memory slots this laptop has. Currently I have a 4gb ram. Does that rest on one slot or are there 2 slots in this PC?..As in if I want to make it an 8gb ram can I just buy one more 4gb ram ?  Or does it have to be a single 8gb ram?

Cheers

Message was edited by: cherianac

Message was edited by: cherianac

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi cherianac,

Your machine has two memory slots and the chances are that only one slot is occupied by the current 4GB of memory.

If you use the Crucial memory scanner it will tell you what is fitted and make recommendations for upgrading.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cherianac
Visitor

Right :slight_smile: ..thanks.