Join now - be part of our community!

Recover Disk for VGN-SR39VN cannot be used?

profile.country.en_FR.title
andydaviessony
Visitor

Recover Disk for VGN-SR39VN cannot be used?

I am trying to recover my VGN-SR39 using the recovery disks that i created after buying the laptop.  I used the recovery disk 1 of 2 to wipe and erase the HDD and then the system restarted and reloaded the recovery options.  i have tried both recovering the full system and recovering the C drive, but both these options return an error box saying CANNOT USE THIS RECOVERY DISK FOR THIS COMPUTER. CONFIRM THE MODEL TYPE.

I have tried contacting Sony Support, but cannot get the number rto work, i am in France, but want an English system recovery!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Can anyone tell me how to get a new set of recovery disks?

Any help gratefulll accepted!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately, either your Recovery Disc is corrupt or there is a mismatch between the Vaio Model held in the BIOS and the one on the disc.

You can try entering the Bios by tapping F2 during startup and looking at the Model.  You can also try resetting the Bios to default values and saving.

If this does not solve the problem you will need to speak to Vaio Support.  I think the phone number from France is 01 57 32 36 02

:thinking:

profile.country.en_FR.title
andydaviessony
Visitor

many thanks -

the machiune name appeares to be correct in the BIOS (VGN-SR39VN_S) and the serial number is too.  i was wondering if it could have been a bios issue as had done several bios updates since making the disks.

I tried resetting to factory defaults, but it still won't work, so  so i guess it must be a corrupt recovery disk, which is a pain!

one more bit of info:-  after clearing the first error wondow, another window comes up with Error: MakeIniFromMcode, Error: 114

Have tried the number you gave, but couldn't get through, so wil keep trying....

thnaks again.