Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Discs/Firewire/Norton

ChrisYoue
Visitor

Recovery Discs/Firewire/Norton

Three problems...

I've looked through the forums/FAQ's and tutorials but can't find a way out, the sony support website is down so no help there...

1 - When I try to create my recovery discs it comes up with a runtime error saying that it has been requested to terminate in "an unusual way".
This is a laptop thats nearly two weeks old (ar-51m).
Thus I can't make my discs.

2 - I had bought a firewire soundcard for recording on but the computer does'nt see it at all. Drivers fully up to date. Vista does't even register something being plugged in witrh a noise or "found hardware" box. Don't have any other firewire devices to test the comp with..
All I can think of is a recovery.

Right now I have two very expensive paper weights, one with Vaio scawled across it.

3 - I tried a simple restore to fix the above so I had to turn off Norton Auto protect.
Now windows is telling me that it is not detecting any protection software. With 360 I could not turn the auto protect back on, I'd check the box, save the change, close the window, re-open and it would be un-checked!

Any thoughts on any of these problems?

Frankly I wish I'd never bothered saving up fr this thing.

Yours, Gutted,

Chris

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chris,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

1) Have you installed the VAIO Recovery Center Patch 1.1.4.7.?

If not then use either the VAIO Update Utility: double click on the Vaio Update icon in your system tray and follow the instructions.

Or

Use the following link to download the update: VAIO Recovery Center Patch 1.1.4.7

3)I believe that running a system restore in Vista can sometimes have adverse effects, try running a system restore when in Safe Mode..

To boot into safe mode, Start your vaio and when the vaio logo appears press the F* key repeatedly..