Join now - be part of our community!

RECOVERY DISCS & Vaio Recovery Centre

JamesB22
Visitor

RECOVERY DISCS & Vaio Recovery Centre

Hello all,
Can anyone tell me why everytime I try to access the recovery centre I get the message "failed to activate empty account" ? I'm sure I'm not alone in experiencing this. All I want to do is create some recovery discs.Is there perhaps some other way of doing that without going via the recovery centre?

Apologies if this is the worng forum but I couldn't find any other threads about this.

TIA

James

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi James,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I don't recall seeing any posts with "failed to activate empty account" on the forum before.. :thinking:

You don't mention what model Vaio you have but have you checked if there is a VAIO Recovery Center update available for your Vaio via the Sony support download page, use the following link then select your model in the drop down list to download the update: Sony Support Downloads

JamesB22
Visitor

Thank's for that. I'm new to this home compter world so I hadn't thoughh about updates.

Thanks again
James

JamesB22
Visitor

I've just read it again and it says "failed to create empty document" not "account"

Maybe you know what that means?

Also I went to the link for my model but there was nothing for "creating recovery discs" but there was a "recovery patch" to resolve a couple of other issues.

I've got a VGN-NR11S/S

Thanks

James

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Also I went to the link for my model but there was nothing for  "creating recovery discs" but there was a "recovery patch" to resolve a couple of other issues.

I've got a VGN-NR11S/S

Hi,

have you installed the VAIO Recovery Center Patch 1.1.4.7.?

JamesB22
Visitor

Also I went to the link for my model but there was nothing for  "creating recovery discs" but there was a "recovery patch" to resolve a couple of other issues.

I've got a VGN-NR11S/S

Hi,

have you installed the VAIO Recovery Center Patch 1.1.4.7.?

Hi. No not yet. Should I?

James