Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Discs

profile.country.no_NO.title
B1GP77
Visitor

Recovery Discs

I bought a Vaio VPCSB11FX(Vaio S 13")  last year in NYC, i live in Norway. But i cant restore to factory defaults, i tried F10 in boot, and vaio care cant make me a new recovery disc. Help with that?

Message was edited by: B1GP77

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi B1GP77 and welcome.

Are you still using the original Sony Operating System?

Why do you want to restore to factory defaults?  Do you have a specific problem that could indicate a hard drive failure - which is a possibility?

Unless you registered your Vaio in the USA for an International Warranty, you may have no valid warranty except in the USA.

You can Check if you have a valid International Warranty (VIRS), Register, Get Manuals and Support and purchase replacement Recovery Discs from the US website here: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCSB11FX&LOC=3#/downloadTab

:thinking:

profile.country.no_NO.title
B1GP77
Visitor

i changed to Windows 8 for a while to test it. I have also reformated it before, and experienced the same issue. The graphic card not being enabled, but it just uses the Intel HD 3000 instead.
So its not the original Sony OS, so i just want to reset to factory to get the graphics card running. Its not a hard drive problem, but i got a message from sony that that particular model had a hidden partition, so i could just hit F10, that didnt work either. And vaio care does not have an option for recovery discs..
My warranty is out, sony allready confirmed that, and the US recovery discs does not deliver to Norway.