Join now - be part of our community!

What is the best way to clean install my vaio laptop?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ImrulA
Visitor

What is the best way to clean install my vaio laptop?

I can either use vaio care>recovery>recover computer (thats not a proper clean install i think and im not sure if it will speed up my laptop much)

Or i can do the other way which is known to be completely starting from scratch and re-entering the windows 7 serial number and goin from there (I have no idea where to begin or what to do for that process, i have no cd and no info about this)

Also a big question is, Will i really get a massive speed boost (boot up time, opening applications quicker) by doing a clean install?

I ask this because I already degfrag, clean registry, and the whole lot using software such as superantispyware and ccleaner, I stopped a lot of programs from running at startup and also changed a lot of uneccessary services to manual or disabled, no GUI boot (shaves a few seconds from boot time.

What should I actually do? Are the two ways mentioned above useful for my purpose? Is the whole purpose worth carrying out and will there be any change in speed considering I do the small tune ups?

I just want some speed from this thing, (I already have 8gb ram, core i5, a generic nvidia 410m with 512mb dedicated graphics)

Any help will be very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mithcd
Visitor

"8gb ram, core i5". I think your notebook is fast already and no need to recover. How do you define slow and what game/application are you running that you considered slow.

Try this also to disable programs at start up.

-Windows key+run, then type msconfig.

-Click on startup tab

-Uncheck the applications that you don't want to run on startup.

Be carefull not to uncheck WIndows related programs. I suggest to only unchecked apps that you know or familiar with. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mithcd
Visitor

"8gb ram, core i5". I think your notebook is fast already and no need to recover. How do you define slow and what game/application are you running that you considered slow.

Try this also to disable programs at start up.

-Windows key+run, then type msconfig.

-Click on startup tab

-Uncheck the applications that you don't want to run on startup.

Be carefull not to uncheck WIndows related programs. I suggest to only unchecked apps that you know or familiar with. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

ImrulA
Visitor

I have just my touchpad, sound and intel something running at startup.

My main issue is with firefox, it takes 10+ secs to open.

but it could be me being impatient, most other things open within seconds of clicking it.

Thanks for the wisdom.