Join now - be part of our community!

Reformatting Laptop Newbie

SOLVED

Reformatting Laptop Newbie

Good Day,
I would like to ask something regarding my Sony Vaio Laptop.
Model Name:VPCCA3S1E
Service Tag:C609HUAJ
Bios Version: R2090v2

What i would like to ask is, when I was looking in "http://www.sony.com.tr/support/tr/search/nsearch/vpcca3s1e?query=vpcca3s1e". It shows version of my laptop with suffix letters at the end (e.g. VPCCA3S1E "/P" or VPCCA3S1E "/G").
I have looked at the back of my laptop for the Model Name, and there is no suffix letter, I'am planning to reformat my laptop, that's why i needed to download my drivers, but i find it hard to choose which one of those versions should i download. Thanks for the help in advance guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi leopas1234,

The /letter refers to the casing colour – e.g./G is green. The drivers will be the same no matter what the casing colour may be.

Is there a reaon why you can’t use the hidden recovery partition or recovery disks to return the computer to factory settings (press F10 at boot to enter menu) this will save the hassle of downloading drivers.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi leopas1234,

The /letter refers to the casing colour – e.g./G is green. The drivers will be the same no matter what the casing colour may be.

Is there a reaon why you can’t use the hidden recovery partition or recovery disks to return the computer to factory settings (press F10 at boot to enter menu) this will save the hassle of downloading drivers.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

Oh... I never thought of those suffixes where reffering to the colour. Thanks .
The thing aboutthe hidden recovery partition or recovery disk ot return the computer to factory setting, i dont know how to do that. Does that mean that i dont need anymore to reformat my laptop? or is it a short-cut to install drivers after installation of a new OS?

Please enlighten me sir rich912

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi leopas1234,

Vaio Care Rescue will format the hard drive and return your notebook to “as delivered” including operating system, drivers and pre-installed software. You will lose all data, settings, and third party programs.

There is more than one way of entering the utility – either by pressing F10 at boot when you see the Vaio logo or by pressing the Assist button when fully shut down.

You may find the guide useful. Follow this link and type ‘How to recover your VAIO with VAIO Care 7’ in the search field.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCCA3S1E_G/tips-and-solutions

The recovery process will probably take up to 2 hours.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat