Join now - be part of our community!

Removal of front stickers on a VAIO notebook (FE28B)

Removal of front stickers on a VAIO notebook (FE28B)

Hi there,

I've had my laptop a while now, but I'm finally (for a second attempt!) trying to remove the stickers on the laptop (near the touchpad and buttons area). It's not that I don't like them, and they do at least, to some extent identify what's in the laptop, but I want my setup as clean as I can get it.

I tried to remove the stickers before using a pair of tweezers, although they were a bit sharp and i didnt want to damage the laptop casing.

Secondly, the sticker I attacked first (!) was the DesignedForWindowsXP sticker, and what I found is that the sticker has a thin layer of clear plastic on top of it, before you even can remove the actual sticker itself.

Basically, I want to remove these without damaging the casing. Any tips? Anyone done this before?

(I tried searching youtube for a video or something like that but no luck).

Cheers!
Phil, UK.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Phil,

Welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Have a look at this similar thread ..

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the post.

I read through most of it, but it turned into some kind of flirting ritual between some people :s not really what I expected!

The inital ideas are good though, suggestion of using Gin to remove the glue.

.. but it still dosen't help too much in the initial removal of the stickers...
are people just using their nails to pull them away?

Cheers.

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The big Vaio stickers usually just come off without effort. The designed for Windows/Intel/Nvidia type stickers are a pain but I generally just ease them off and then roll off the inevitable goo left on the laptop with a thumb. I have never had the coating of the laptop come off while doing this but I reckon it's been a close run thing a couple of times.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I wouldn't use anything other than your finger nail to remove the stickers a syou could scratch the Vaio's paint finish.. :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Fully agree - I definately wouldn't use alcohol etc., there's a good chance that would weaken or discolour the coating.

Good tips guys, looks like just careful use of a thumbnail to do the removing then. Here goes nothing! Cheers guys!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hope all goes well.. :four_leaf_clover: