Join now - be part of our community!

Reset Sony Vaio back to factory settings?

rahTanzil
New

Reset Sony Vaio back to factory settings?

Around 2 years ago my Sony Vaio VPCEB1M0E hard-drive became corrupt, leading to the blue screen of death. I went to a local technician hoping to get the hard drive revived however he couldn't do so. It was a 500GB hard-drive. He replaced it with an 160GB samsung hard-drive.

However now during my refurbishment of the laptop I am trying to reset the system to factory setting however it is aparent that I cannot do it through the normal method of pressing F10 as there isn't anything to go back to as its not the original HDD.

Now vaio care and other default program don't work. Just now whilst my laptop is on IDLE I got a Microsft .NET framework error.

Which says "There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/VAIOCare/VCAgent/VCSettingMgr that could accdept this message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details"

I looked into getting the recovery disk for my model but couldn't find anywhere that does it.

Anything I can do reset this system? I'm also sure the local technician dude installed an unofficial version of Windows 7 SP1.

How can I reset my system? I wanna make it as if I bought it brand new in terms of software.

0 REPLIES 0