Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio turns off when disconnected from AC power.

rahTanzil
New

Sony Vaio turns off when disconnected from AC power.

My Sony Vaio VPCEB1M0E which is around 5-6 years old has not been in use for the past 2 years due to an overheating problem which meant that the fan was always in full super power mode at IDLE. Also it has been apparent that the battery can no longer hold any charge as, whilst charging it stays at 0% and if accidently disconnected from AC the laptop turns off.

However for the past 2 weeks, I have slowly refurbished the laptop.

- Cleaned the whole interior including fan

- Applied new artic MX-4 thermal paste

Now the laptop is very quiet and cool and it is not a problem.

However the only fault right now for me is that the battery doesn't hold any charge and its really annoying as its not really a laptop anymore since it turns off when the charger is out.

I went on eBay and found a generic battery for £26 bought it and it wouldn't be recognised or charge. So I went into IBS utility disabled it, also went into device manager and uninstalled microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery.      

Also forgot to mention that whilst the generic battery is on charge the battery led indicator is constantly blinking like 3-4 times per second.

Any ideas on how to get this fixed? Since if I can manage to fix this the laptop is almost like brand new and I can give it to my siblings in which they can use for school work.

I have also updated bios which had no affect.

Thanks for the help in advance!

0 REPLIES 0