Join now - be part of our community!

Restore attempts fail

Chatcliff
Visitor

Restore attempts fail

Hi, can anyone help me. My 12 month old laptop - VGN-A217M has been working fine until recently. Now, I find that it will NOT restore to any point that I choose. I don't know that the cause are some downloads from the Vaio update site because I haven't used restore for some months, but that is the only thing that has changed recently. Any ideas please would be gratefully received.
Chatcliff

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi, can anyone help me. My 12 month old laptop - VGN-A217M has been working fine until recently. Now, I find that it will NOT restore to any point that I choose. I don't know that the cause are some downloads from the Vaio update site because I haven't used restore for some months, but that is the only thing that has changed recently. Any ideas please would be gratefully received. 

Hi Chatcliff,

Welcome to the Forum,

Can you not just use the Vaio Recovery discs, I think these would have been supplied with your Vaio. :slight_smile:

Chatcliff
Visitor

Thalamus, Sorry, but Iv'e only just got your thread. I found the link in the spam folder of my email program. Thanks for your suggestion. It's a long shot and I don't know why it might work, but on the link Kee-Lo gave me one suggestion was to disable restore, reboot then turn restore on again. If this doesn't work I will restore from disk.

Chatcliff
Visitor

Thalamus, Sorry, but Iv'e only just got your thread. I found the link in the spam folder of my email program. Thanks for your suggestion. It's a long shot and I don't know why it might work, but on the link Kee-Lo gave me one suggestion was to disable restore, reboot then turn restore on again. If this doesn't work I will restore from disk.