Join now - be part of our community!

RS202 Series DC/AC Back Input

mastabog
Visitor

RS202 Series DC/AC Back Input

Hello world!

Ok, I may not be the only one that noticed the little DC input at the back of the RS202 Series VAIO, on the PSU. I just bought my RS202 VAIO yesterday and looking through the manuals provided I couldnt find any explanation for it. (where are the old really usefull manuals we used to get some years ago?).

If i missed it then i'm sorry I dragged the question in here, but if i didn't, would anyone be so kind to tell me if he/she tried it and if that input really works (it looks like a standard 12V/1.2A, or at least that is written under it)?

Thanks a lot,
Bogdan

4 REPLIES 4
chuckalicious
Visitor

Think I know what that's for. On my RX405, there is one, and this is used to power the supplied Sony speakers, which come with a wee plug to plug in there to power them.
I assume this is the same on your machine

mastabog
Visitor

Well, to be honest I havent checked it with a multimeter to see if its an output of 12V. Thanks for the tip :smileywink:. I took it as an input, but anyway the supplied speakers for my RS202 have normal AC plug (wall plug i mean).

Thanks

chuckalicious
Visitor

Yeah, it looks like an input, but I would guess it's the output for Sony's own speakers that they supply with some of their machines.

mastabog
Visitor

Yep, an output indeed.
Actually it was written on it "Out 12V==1.2A (Speaker)" but in that hurry I set up the system I missed the little explanation :slight_smile:

I never read notes or help files ... my bad. Thanx again.