Join now - be part of our community!

Screen fades to black

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Monza13
Visitor

Screen fades to black

Hi all.

After being on a few hours, my Sony Vaio laptop screen keeps fading to black, and then it takes a few mouse clicks to restore. This then happens every 30 seconds or so. When I restart my laptop, it's OK for a few hours then same thing happens and the black out gets progressively faster.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Monza13
Visitor

Hi, no I still have the problem - sometimes not at all for a few days, then comes back. I find rebooting usually helps but Sony just told me to go to an approved fixer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi 

Which laptop do you have?

There could be a couple of things that are causing it but maybe first double-check your settings for when the display is set to turn itself off?

Click "Start"

Click "control Panel"

Click "System and Security"

Click "Power Options"

On the left check the setting for "Choose when to turn off display"

Also check if you are set to a 'balanced' or 'power saver' in "Power Options"

Again it may be something more troublesome, but its worth checking first :slight_smile:

Monza13
Visitor

Hi there, thanks for being so prompt. It's a VAIO VPCEB3C5E. I've looked at those settings, but I'm always plugged in and set to 5, 10, 10 minutes.

but this issue is actually when I'm in the middle of typing, so not when I've left the laptop alone. And it goes to black rather than screensaver. It's alright now for instance, for a few hours in the morning, but by the afternoon it starts to do this. Has happened for about a week now.

Thanks

IckleL
Visitor

Hey,

I'm having the same problem - did you find an answer?

Thanks,

Lyn

Monza13
Visitor

Hi, no I still have the problem - sometimes not at all for a few days, then comes back. I find rebooting usually helps but Sony just told me to go to an approved fixer.