Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Gone Crazy!

profile.country.en_GB.title
shutlar
Visitor

Screen Gone Crazy!

Hello everyone my father in-laws laptop does this when you boot it up. any ideas would be great thanks seems like a graphics card issue to me.

The laptop was running really slow and we thought it was related to chrome.exe *32 as it was using lots of memory according to task manager, and the HDD light never stopped flashing, the laptop has been restored back to factory using original disks howwver the laptop still does this when you turn it on, and runs very slow when booted up!

Any help would be great thanks.

See attachment for photo of what laptop looks like when gone crazy. loads of lines and colours and characters flash all over the place sometimes and other times it does as attached.

Thanks again

Message was edited by: shutlar

Message was edited by: shutlar

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hishutlar,

This would certainly seem to be a graphics chip problem. I assume that once the computer has warmed up the display is normal?

If so then it could possibly be a problem with the solder connections that re-balling may solve. If, once the screen has stabalised, you restart the computer does the screen display normally?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
KatherineYH
Visitor

Looks to me you need to wrap up that video card and take it back where you bought it.

This is definitely a video card issue, have you been overclocking it ?

Life is too serious to be taken seriously http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

KatherineYH wrote:

Looks to me you need to wrap up that video card and take it back where you bought it.

Hi KatherineYH,

We are discussing a notebook which doesn’t have a video ‘card’. It has a chip which is soldered to the motherboard.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat