Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Problem on SZ

MrHyde
Visitor

Screen Problem on SZ

I have an SZ series Vaio. It's two months old. On startup the Microsoft loading bar is incomplete; the righthand side of it is missing. Also, the green Microsoft login screen often appears after a large proportion of the screen has had irregularly shaped black areas appearing first. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

The trouble is that the problem is intermittent, so might not be repeatable if a technician restarted it a couple of times, then to conclude that there's no problem.

The computer is used at home, so has not been subjected to any of the rigours of transporting a laptop. Neither has it been bumped, dropped or anything else; it has, in fact, been pampered. The only thing I could think of myself, apart from a hardware problem, is that I tried to install XP, using the files on the Sony website, but gave up in the end and reverted to Vista, with which I am now quite happy. However, part of the XP download includes a BIOS file, and I wondered if this would automatically have been upgraded when I reinstalled Vista; could it be that I have to reinstate the BIOS settings for Vista?

Any assistance would be very welcome, as intermittent faults only get worse, and usually after the warranty has expired!

TIA

0 REPLIES 0