Join now - be part of our community!

Sequence of setting of drivers on a notebook

profile.country.ru_RU.title
m_sanhes
Visitor

Sequence of setting of drivers on a notebook

Good evening gentlemen.I ask to be sorry for my English.I askfor help in the sequence of setting of drivers on the notebookof Sony Vaio VPCF236FM.A notebook is brought from theUSA.It is needed to reinstall Windows.Who can that will beable to give help.With kind regards.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
garlangreeny
Visitor

If you are going to use a Windows 7 OS, you can check its drivers under Windows Updates. Have it downloaded and installed from there.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi m_sanhes,

Being a USA Vaio it is difficult to answer your question, but generally speaking most drivers need no specific order for installation and none at all if you recover from either the recovery partition on the hard drive or your recovery disks.

Assuming that you intend to install a retail version of the OS then the exception to this are the drivers and utilities that the control the function keys. For this you will first need to install the SFEP driver from within Device Manager using the Have Disk method – you will find this driver under the available downloads on the USA support site (System components > Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver).

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCF236FM&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/do...

Then you need to install Sony Shared Library – also under System components, followed by Sony Notebook Utilities which you will find under Notebook Control and Utilities which installs the following utilities:
•    Battery Checker 4.6.0.05310
•    VAIO® Control Center 5.0.0.07070
•    VAIO Power Management 5.5.0.05310

Often there is also a utility named Vaio Event Service but this doesn’t seem to be listed for your model but may possibly be included with the Notebook Control utilities.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat