Join now - be part of our community!

Serious Keyboard issue - SVE1111m1ew

profile.country.hu_HU.title
nabenny.u5i
Visitor

Serious Keyboard issue - SVE1111m1ew

Hello there,

Dear forum readers, I need your help... We bought a VAIO SVE 1111m1ew netbook for my sister, two weeks ago. The computer was working fine, but... olny for one week. A week ago, an issue got up: my sister's keyboard did't work really well. Actually, some buttons are not working for her. :dizzy: the buttons are 2, 4, 9, ö, r, z, u, ő, and when she tries to write something a lot af nines appear, just like if she pressed it continuesly. the good thing is that, she actually cannot write a nine by herself :smileygrin: Another funny thing is that, if she want to weite a capital letter, it works... for example: she cannot write r, but she can write R. The computer is with garantee, but... here are we luky again: she lives 850 km's away, so it would be mutch easier to solve the prooblem by ourselves. Yes, there's also a SONY service in the near for sure, in Frankfurt maybe, but who knows where..

So, if somebody would give me a helping hang and a solution, I would be very grateful

PS: We already tried so many things... I think this is not a hardware issue, mutch more like a software thing, isn't it? I mean, she can write Z, U, R etc., but she cannot write them in small, like: z, u, r... and she always keeps writing 999999999999999999999999999. Thats bad...

Thanks
Ben

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
garlangreeny
Visitor

I also have this same problem and a friend told me that either I should just clean it or replace the whole keyboard. What should I do with it?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Kheradmand
Visitor

Hello Guys,

If I were you, simply I would reinstall the operating system and drivers.

( NOTE THAT TAKE BACKUP BEFORE DOING THIS )

well, you would better to try to reinstall the Keyboard driver first,

If that could not fix the issue, roll back to the system restore point to the date

before your issue began.

If not fixed, you can try to reinstall the operating system.