Join now - be part of our community!

shut down when i plug in

profile.country.ro_RO.title
codancea
Visitor

shut down when i plug in

Hi all.

I have an sony pcg-k86p, and is shuting down himself ONLY when i plug in the cable from source. So, if i want to function normaly , i have to work ONLY on battery.

Can someone help me, please ?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
firionicable
Visitor

It could be your AC adapter is failing or your motherboard. First of all, test the power adpater. Make sure the apdapter outputs correct voltage. It’s possible that the outup voltage is not correct and the laptop shuts down to prevent the damge. Test your laptop with anohter known good power adapter. If the problem still exists, even after replacing the adapter, most likley it’s the motherboard failure. Replace the motherboard.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

firionicable wrote:

First of all, test the power adpater. Make sure the apdapter outputs correct voltage. It’s possible that the outup voltage is not correct and the laptop shuts down to prevent the damge. Test your laptop with anohter known good power adapter. If the problem still exists, even after replacing the adapter, most likley it’s the motherboard failure. Replace the motherboard.

http://www.laptopproblemfixed.com/laptop-shuts-off-when-ac-adapter-plugged-in/

firionicable,

It’s courteous when copy/pasting someone else’s work to give credit to the original author.  

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat