Join now - be part of our community!

Why do sites keep asking to install the latest version of Flash Player?

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_BE.title
brubuele
New

Why do sites keep asking to install the latest version of Flash Player?

Several sites, lately www.wetransfer.com, keep asking me to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player in order to be viewn properly. Meantime I installed said latest version several times in various ways and from various sources, also after uninstalling the installed version first, but nothing helps. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brubuele
New

Here we go : it is a matter of enabling Adobe add-ons. Exactly those IE recommends disabling to improve your internet speed :laughing:

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi brubuele and welcome.

I think we all suffer from this and other updaters - it seems that the computer is no longer yours and demands to download updates before you can use it yourself!

You may have older versions of Flash still installed on your computer.  Try downloading the latest Adobe Flash Uninstaller, uninstall all Flash versions and install the latest version again: -

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

If all else fails, go to Control Panel -> Flash Player -> Advanced and check the button to 'Never Check for Updates'.  If you do this you will need to check manually periodically for updates.

This may help - but I doubt it.

:thinking:

brubuele
New

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks for your time spent considering the issue. Unfortunately your suggestion did not work. I'll keep you posted upon finding something.

Regards, Bruno

brubuele
New

Here we go : it is a matter of enabling Adobe add-ons. Exactly those IE recommends disabling to improve your internet speed :laughing:

Cheers!