Join now - be part of our community!

SigmaTel soundcard drivers for XL302 and Vista SP1

profile.country.GB.title
russieb
New

SigmaTel soundcard drivers for XL302 and Vista SP1

As some of you may have noticed if you try to install Vista SP1, that was released yesterday, it is not possible. This is due to the fact that it requires the SigmaTel sound card drivers to be upgraded - SigmaTel® High Definition Audio CODEC. Primarily the Stwrt.sys to a version later than 6.10.5511.0. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343# for details

The best I can come up with is 6.10.5379.0. My Vaio XL302 currently being 6.10.5290.0. There is nothing on Windows update either.

The company that now owns SigmaTel - IDT, suggest going to Sony, see http://www.idt.com/?id=3969. But the Vaio support page (US incidentally) is where I found 6.10.5379.0. The UK page list no updates for sound drivers at all!

Can anyone help with this matter? I'm sure it is affecting a lot of Vaio users.
Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.GB.title
russieb
New

Does anyone have any news of the SigmaTel soundcard drivers?!

Something must have been done by now surely.

ITTroll
Visitor

As of the 24/7/2008, VAIO downloads is showing:

Audio Driver (SigmaTel) SP1_Filter_DT1.0A - 6.10.5379.1

I haven't tried it, but I'm guessing this is the fix.

Lar77
Visitor

As of the 24/7/2008, VAIO downloads is showing:

Audio Driver (SigmaTel) SP1_Filter_DT1.0A - 6.10.5379.1

I haven't tried it, but I'm guessing this is the fix.

Yep, once you install this SP1 shows up in the auto update ..... :slight_smile:

dansears
Visitor

I downloaded the new SigmaTel driver to my XL-301 and sure enough I was able to get vista SP1 update. I thought it all went smoothly until I tried to play a DVD back. When I do this I don't get any sound via the DVD and then loose sound and picture from WMC. Has this just happened to me or have other found the same problem?

Lar77
Visitor

I've not tried a DVD disk yet but movies on the harddrive worked fine. The only issue I've noticed so far is that in the sound driver control panel where you can select sound through S/PDIF, HDMI or HDMI and S/PDIF doesn't seem to be working. I only want sound through S/PDIF but it keeps reverting back to both on it's own. Means I have to lower the volume on the TV if I want to listen to 5.1 through my amp or else I get echo. Anyone know of a fix for this?

Installing SP1 was a whole other pain! Mods I'd made to the media center inerface had been reverted, and the reg hack to allow Vista Home Premium to output 1080p had also been changed back. But the kicker ...... it took me 3 hours to get a signal through HDMI to work, I had to switch back to component a bunch of times, in the end I don't know what I did but HDMI just decided to start working.

profile.country.DE.title
lothowah
Explorer

Hello dansears,
I have the same problem and tried a lot - but no solution!
My connection between VGX302 and Sony Bravia KDL based on HDMI worked fine one year,
but since some weeks (I dont know exactly the time) my BlueRay works without sound on all Channels ( Ear, HDMI and Cinch)
I used every Sony auto update - that was my great mistake!

Best Regards
Lothar

craigdp854
Visitor

Hello all, sorry to bring this topic up again, but i need help, i have a xl302 going through a sony str da5400es via HDMI, when i watch tv the sound goes through HDMI but when i watch a BLU RAY/DVD the sound goes else where, i have the digital coax connected to the amp and also optical, and to watch the film i have to change the amp to BD or DVD rather than leaving it on the HDMI input, but also i cant get 5.1 or 7.1 on the amp, on any of the settings, and its really beginning to get on my nerves as i can only get 2.1 sound. but when i use my ps3 through HDMI and the str da5400es the sound and picture are perfect. i try to change all the possible options but nothing seams to work, and now im just getting lost in what im doing with all these driver and patches, why cant SONY! and MS! just make the kit, plug in and work, without all this fu&$%ng around!!!!
Sorry, went off on a tangent, what im asking is, Is there a complete novice guide to get my audio setup correct with the xl302 and da5400es?

Many thanks, Craig.

profile.country.DE.title
lothowah
Explorer

Hello,

my problem (posted before) I solved by selecting the right display size on my Sony Bravia.
If you select a wrong TV display size the HDMI-driver detect an incompatible device and than cut the audio stream. Maybe you have the same problem.

Lothar