Join now - be part of our community!

solution for problems in reading new BLU-RAY disc (Spiderman 3...)

catellovaio
Visitor

solution for problems in reading new BLU-RAY disc (Spiderman 3...)

Hi to everyone and sorry for my english, i'd like to help all the vaio users that have problems in reading new blu-ray disc such as spiderman 3: the only solution is upgrading graphic card driver on nvidia site than upgrade with new hdmi firmware on this site and than using Powerdvd of cyberlink with a 1080i resolution adapting to the desktop; it's the only way i could be able to see finally my new spideman 3! Intervideo windvd for vaio is stil not working with these new discs , i think will need a new version... but when?
a kiss from italy :slight_smile:

3 REPLIES 3
teknina
Visitor

hello!

i am having problems reading my spiderman BD too.just to be shure that is the same problem that you had, what happened to you? with me, my win dvd just plays a black screen after a few brief moments of appearing a white spider on a black screen. is it the same that happened to you? thanx

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi teknina,

welcome to Club vaio.. :slight_smile:

Have you checked on the Vaio update site that you have the latest version of InterVideo WinDVD BD installed.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

I can't find the thread Thalamus matey but others have found AVG has picked up a trojan horse embedded in the Intervideo BD program which only appeared after the update. It could be a false posative of course but nothing has come up in a google search??? What do you think it could be seeing as Nico defends the Vaio link server as being completely malware free...I would like to agree but data miner has also been detected from there