Join now - be part of our community!

Some Problems - Please Help!

wigwam12
Visitor

Some Problems - Please Help!

1) My FZ1Z is 2 weeks old. I charged it to 100% intially and when I next used it I found it was down to 50-odd%. I thought this might be bacause I accidently put it into standbye instead of shutdown so charged it again last night and turned it off.
Today on boot-up it said 70% but every time I hover over the icon [even seconds later] it would drop by a % or so.
I restarted and it dropped from 50% to 30!

I am now going to try to use it to battery death to see if it really is a battery problem [if so do I contact suport to get it replaced under warranty] or is something else going on?

2) how do I find out if updates to stuff I already have installed are available from Vaio? I only see the option to install the apps. I clicked on "updates for installed apps" but it just says "Music Box" with no other option other than "close"

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
wigwam12
Visitor

looks like dodgy battery as it died soon after making that original post

wigwam12
Visitor

can someone please confirm: should the battery life be optimal right from day one or does it take a couple of full charge and full discharges to "prime" it first?

mgben
Visitor

It should be optimal from first charge. Mine always have been. You definitely have a dodgy battery.

wigwam12
Visitor

I spoke with support.
Did a battery test [settings on "max battery"; all services/startup etc off; not touching machine at all] and it lasted 2 hr 20min
recharged for 8 hours; set to "vaio optimised" and turned on all normal services and startup items; WLAN still off and machine not really touched and it lasted 1hr 30min

I will retest again with "normal usage of machine" [inc WLAN on] and also "heavy usage" eg playing DVD.

These times are better than my first use but it is still way way wide of the mark where reviews state 2-3 hours "light usage" and 1hr 20min heavy usage.
To be fair support bloke said he'd call me back next week and option to change it still open if tests not satisfactory.

what times are you folks getting?

wigwam12
Visitor

battery is screwed. Going to speak with Support again tomorrow and get it replaced.
charged it to 100% and left it 4 days.
When I turned it on it was on 69% so was discharging slowly in the back.
Bluray movie [heavy usage] lasted 35min; normal usage [surfing] barely an hour.

wigwam12
Visitor

really annoyed. e-Support say this is within operational limits!
Matter has been escalated