Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Customer Services - Kingston, London, UK?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
AliW06
New

Sony Customer Services - Kingston, London, UK?

Simple questiion guys, has anyone else suffered the complete and utter uselessness of some of the staff representing Sony UK?

I called them regarding a return for a defected laptop and one of the guys responded "Well Im happy with mine". What on earth has his laptop got to do with the one ive ordered?! The next guy says sorry you item is faulty can i interest you in a wireless mouse as a good will gesture!

I paid £816.00 for this customised E series laptop and i get told you can have a wireless mouse in return for a manufatcurer fault. I truly do wonder if anyone else has had equally silly service. Im now awaiting a call back from a Senior manager, not holding my hopes up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The laptop has arrived and  I paid for it by Credit Card. However as  it was a customised laptop it took 4 weeks to arrive, in which time they  chose to charge me for the product.

I've  since spoken to a manager regarding this matter and he offered me an 8%  refund of the total I paid, which frankly is an insult. 8% is  approximately about £70.00 which normally you'd consider generous right?  But i paid £100.00 alone just to get one form of customisation  (engraving) so clearly that GWG doesn't even cover that.

Am I really being ungrateful here or are Sony simply not pulling their weight....?

Hi AliW06,

I think it's normal for PC manufactures to charge for a product at point of order,  I've had to do this with other manufuctures in the past..:smileysad:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mrahhali
Visitor

Hi

When did you buy your laptop? is it still under the warranty? How did you pay for it?

If you paid for it by credit card, refuse to pay the amount to your credit card company and let them debate it with Sony

End of all Great products but very poor costumer service even it costs us arm and leg

Check online for consumers right after purchase

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

http://www.whichlegalservice.co.uk/our-services/consumer-advice/buying-goods-and-services

Regards

AliW06
New

Mrahhali, Thank you for your answer.

The laptop has arrived and  I paid for it by Credit Card. However as it was a customised laptop it took 4 weeks to arrive, in which time they chose to charge me for the product.

I've since spoken to a manager regarding this matter and he offered me an 8% refund of the total I paid, which frankly is an insult. 8% is approximately about £70.00 which normally you'd consider generous right? But i paid £100.00 alone just to get one form of customisation (engraving) so clearly that GWG doesn't even cover that.

Am I really being ungrateful here or are Sony simply not pulling their weight....?

Thanks again.

harttohartfan
Visitor

Yes I also have an E series laptop purchased 2 months ago the release latch  on the back which is supposed to release the battery is faulty therefore I could not get the battery out. I contacted the retailer who I bought the vaio from and they contacted Sony who arranged for a courier to collect the vaio who made it quite clear in their email that I was not to pack the vaio the courier would bring a box and he would pack it. A couple of days ago I received an email from Sony demanding £165 for what is quite clearly a manufacturing fault I rang the retailer to ask why Sony wanted me to pay and Sony said it was accidental damage. It other words they were saying that I had caused the damage how could this be I did not assemble the laptop. They also managed to get the repair details wrong despite the fact that I enclosed a letter with the vaio. The email said battery pack when in fact it is the release lever that is faulty. I spent all day yesterday contacting the retailer who failed to call me back despite saying they would do so. They also don't know the sale of goods act 1979 law which is what I am claiming under.

I have been told by the retailer that they would contact me tomorrow but as I have been told that before I will only believe that when I hear the phone ring.

Any other Vaio owners E series or any other series had the same problem with the release latch?

Sony are very smart sending email's to customers telling them they are not allowed to pack the vaio's it is a pity that Sony are not as smart telling the people who assemble the machines to check them before they are sent to the retailers so that customers do not buy machines with faults on them.

AliW06
New

HarttoHartfan - Thanks for your reply.

If your speaking to the same imbeciles ive been dealing with at Kingston let me tell you something I discovered recently. Their not even Sony representatives, they are actually an agency working for Sony therefore they are not even clued up on their facts.

Furthermore they are actually recruiting advisors so you could probably apply, get the job and deal with your enquiry yourself, Ha! Now that would be a resolution! But on a more serious note, if you have no luck with dealing with this, let me know as may will be able to provide you with the best contact to deal with this.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The laptop has arrived and  I paid for it by Credit Card. However as  it was a customised laptop it took 4 weeks to arrive, in which time they  chose to charge me for the product.

I've  since spoken to a manager regarding this matter and he offered me an 8%  refund of the total I paid, which frankly is an insult. 8% is  approximately about £70.00 which normally you'd consider generous right?  But i paid £100.00 alone just to get one form of customisation  (engraving) so clearly that GWG doesn't even cover that.

Hi AliW06,

I think it's normal for PC manufactures to charge for a product at point of order,  I've had to do this with other manufuctures in the past..:smileysad:

AliW06
New

Yeah, I can understand that but its likely that those companies will charge you immediately because they expect the item to be with you immediately. With Sony they quote you 4 weeks delivery so its hard to make sense of charging you immediately....but what can you do eh.