Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Multiflip 13A Loud Fan?

Persason

Sony Multiflip 13A Loud Fan?

Hi I just recieved my Sony vaio 13a. The fan is rediculously high I don't get it? Core temps are bellow average so Sony could in theory release a firmware update to slow the fan down? Has Sony said anything about this, because atm. fan noise is uberable.

6 REPLIES 6
Falconary
New

Same problem here 😕

SMGabc
New

I am currently waiting for mine (after the same numerous delays faced by everyone). I have just emailed customer service asking abou the issue saying that for the laptop to be fit for purpose it needs to be able to be used in a lecture room. The reply says that my message has been passed on to management and they will keep me informed...

Persason

It's funny because when I put it on silent mode then the fan completely turns off sometimes, making noooo sound at all and all I can hear is the SSD squeeking as it should :slight_smile: This deffinately indicated a firmware issue which is good cause that means that it can get fixed. They just need to make sure that the fan runs constantly at low RPMs.

Persason

You can deffinately use it in lecture rooms, because when you put it on silent mode the fan actually completely turns off. It is a firmware issue which Sony needs to fix. The downside of silent mode is that it clocks down the CPU.

SMGabc
New

This is the response that I have had from Sony...

I have checked with management and there is no official communication from Sony regarding the technical concerns you have mentioned.

We can assure you however, that if something goes wrong our Technical Support will have a solution.

Not very helpful....

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

just a heads up to let you know that Sony has released some BIOS updates which may help some of you, these should be available to download either through Vaio Update or directly from your Vaio models support site..:smileywink: