Join now - be part of our community!

Sony vaio laptop password screen problem

SOLVED
curlysalter
Explorer

Sony vaio laptop password screen problem

Hi, I am having problems getting past the password screen.

I know my password but when I press on a key the password box thinks I have pressed two keys. Deleting one of them does not do the trick. The other problem is when I press the cap lock key it won't turn off.
A symbol also appears to the right of where you enter the password which is a black dot with a curve line above it, looks like an eye and eyebrow above it.
Anyone help?
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi curlysalter, from you description it sounds like you are describing the Microsoft Security Eye if correct it should look something like this eye - Copy.JPG

The idea behind this is to prevent others viewing the characters of your passwords if you click on the eye icon when typing it should allow you see as you type.

If you are having difficulty with the keyboard try using the onscreen keyboard. To do this on the click on the Ease of Access icon which should be located in lower left of the windows login screen and then select onscreen keyboard.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi curlysalter, from you description it sounds like you are describing the Microsoft Security Eye if correct it should look something like this eye - Copy.JPG

The idea behind this is to prevent others viewing the characters of your passwords if you click on the eye icon when typing it should allow you see as you type.

If you are having difficulty with the keyboard try using the onscreen keyboard. To do this on the click on the Ease of Access icon which should be located in lower left of the windows login screen and then select onscreen keyboard.