Join now - be part of our community!

Sony not waking from Sleep or Hibernation

profile.country.en_GB.title
GsuZonAciD
Visitor

Sony not waking from Sleep or Hibernation

Ok I shall try to be as blunt as possible.

As you can see, my issue lies with the sleep and hibernation functions of my new Sony Vaio VPC-EH2P0E core I5 which runs windows 7 64 bit.

Bought brand new, this laptop does not wake up from either power modes. Opening/closing the lid, clicking the mouse, keyboard or plugging in USB devices all do not wake the pc fully; all I hear is the hard disk spinning and the screen lighting up but remaining black.

I have to hold down the power button to crash it each time, in order to restart it.

I have tried all sorts: BIOS access (which is extremely simplified compared to my last pc); changing power settings; changing USB root hub power settings from the device manager; troubleshooting from windows website; troubleshooting from sony website e.t.c

BUT TO NO AVAIL!

I have returned my pc to its factory state and still no change.

Can someone out there provide the first concise understandeable answer PLEASE???

Any help would be muchly appreciated,
Thanks

Message was edited by: GsuZonAciD

Message was edited by: GsuZonAciD

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi GsuZonAciD,

I assume that you didn’t install any third party programs after the factory reset before testing?

It would seem that a service or program is preventing wake from sleep/hibernation but if at factory default this should not happen.

You could try troubleshooting by disabling all startup programs and non Microsoft services – click Start and in the search field type ‘msconfig’ > select and on the startup tab disable all and apply. Then on the Services tab check ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ and then click ‘Disable all’ and apply.

Restart the computer and test sleep/hibernation.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
GsuZonAciD
Visitor

Thanks for trying to help rich
Things have not changed however.

I have:

- restored my pc to factory settings and added no programs
- have no external devices attached
- ran my system in safe mode

- ran my system with all windows startup programs disabled as rich suggested

But the following problems remain:

- My laptop wont wake itself from sleep or hibernation, despite clicking the mouse, pressing the power button, opening/closing the lid and pressing the keys on the keyboard. I have to crash the pc in order to be able to restart it.
- the laptop wont restart when i click 'restart'. It shuts down and then a black screen remains and the top green light in the '1' box remains on. (i have to hold the power button down and crash it in order to be able to restart the system)

I spent £500 on this pc and am thus extremely frustrated and annoyed at this problem. I would not consider myself comupute illiterate and have tried to gain answers from somewhere but noone seems willing to help. Amazon - who i bought it from - arent the retailer to give technical advice either.

If anyone could please help me, id very much appreciate it.

boothstuart5
Explorer

And Me !!!

boothstuart5
Explorer

My Model is th SVE1513 i5 Bought with Win8; upgraded to 8.1 then to Win 10

After Sleep or Hibernate everything is frozen and I sometimes have to play around to find the cursor.

Nothing will minimise or close (red X)

Menus won't open - even the bloody adverts won't open and when I do close it down or restart with the power button the whole routine can take 20mins or more to get nowhere. It is so bad, I now have Task Manager on my Task Bar along with Settings.