Join now - be part of our community!

Sony PCGA-WMS5 Mouse

adfer
Visitor

Sony PCGA-WMS5 Mouse

Hi,

This mouse came with my Sony Vaio VGN-A417M when I bought it about a year ago. I've since lost all packaging and manuals and just have the mouse and laptop. I don't remember it coming with any additional connection equipment and it has off/on and connect buttons. I initially thought it was bluetooth and then thought it could possibly be wireless and the receiver is built-in to the laptop or something. I have removed a lot of the original stuff that came on the laptop as I needed to streamline it for music production. Does anyone have any idea how to get this mouse working? (it currently does nothing when I push the connect button or try to connect it as a blue tooth device).

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi adfer

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

I think the wireless mouse is supplied with a USB wireless receiver, once this is installed you should be able to connect..

There may also be a driver instalation disk..:smileyconfused:

Edit: See this link for further info

adfer
Visitor

Hey, thanks. I don't remember seeing the receiver in the package anywhere though which is strange. Im quite certain I wouldn't have thrown anything like that out. Thats why I thought it maybe built into the laptop, I guess maybe I was hidden in some packaging and I didn't notice it or something. Did no-one else get a mouse with their laptop?

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Hi there adfer,

This is probably too basic to be of help, but I have a A317S and as well as the connect button on the mouse you have to activate the connect button on the bottom of the laptop. If you’ve already done that - all I can say is, someone who knows what they’re talking about will be along soon. :slight_smile:

adfer
Visitor

Hey, I havent actually got my laptop in front of me this second but do you mean the wireless network switch to detect wireless networks or is there another switch on the underside or something?

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

On the underside of the computer, left hand bottom corner, there's a wireless mouse connect button. This has to be switched on as well as the one on the mouse.

adfer
Visitor

Oh my god I have never noticed that! Pushed it and it worked first time. Thanks mate your a legend

Adam

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Hi Adam, you're welcome and glad I could help. It's so seldom I understand a question let alone know the solution!:smileyhappy:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You're a dark horse Pandora, always knew you were good with technology :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

You're a dark horse Pandora, always knew you were good with technology :slight_smile:

I have my uses. I am a woman of parts.
:laughing: