Join now - be part of our community!

bluetooth or infrared

hongie
Visitor

bluetooth or infrared

[:">] hi got a pcg-grt896sp, discovered i haven't got bluetooth or infrared which would people recommend? please help, i read the other posts but still can't decide any ideas?

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Bluetooth is a lot more reliable and flexible than IR. IR is not supported on most new devices.

kee-lo_

Yeah bluetooth is better and it has a better range (10m)

m3bhp
Visitor

Thats a very open ended question. What do you need to do with either?
IR is very simple and therefore user friendly. Bluetooth can be tricky to setup but once its going you can potentially achieve much more.

m3bhp
Visitor

Thats a very open ended question. What do you need to do with either?
IR is very simple and therefore user friendly. Bluetooth can be tricky to setup but once its going you can potentially achieve much more.

hongie
Visitor

thanks for all responding, but its mad thatyou buy an expenisive laptop and it doesn't even have infrared or bluetooth - i just assumed it would!!!!! :angry:

ASUS
Visitor

Hi hongie.
I'm about to buy the GRT996 and i wonder if you could tell me your opinion about your laptop:

Have you faced any problems?
Is it easy-to-use? I'm worried about its weight.
Does P4 2.8 GHz provide enough power?
Finally, does wireless lan works well and the lappy has 1x512 MB or 2x256?? This is very important to me because i want to have 1 GB memory.,

Thank you in advance!!
Please, answer if you can!!!

:slight_smile:

kee-lo_

thanks for all responding, but its mad thatyou buy an expenisive laptop and it doesn't even have infrared or bluetooth - i just assumed it would!!!!! :angry:

A few words of advice:

"never asume anything in life" - Kee-Lo

stevep-4
Visitor

ASSUME makes an ASS of U and ME...Samuel. L.Jackson

kee-lo_

Haha he's such a good actor.