Join now - be part of our community!

bluetooth or infrared

hongie
Visitor

bluetooth or infrared

[:">] hi got a pcg-grt896sp, discovered i haven't got bluetooth or infrared which would people recommend? please help, i read the other posts but still can't decide any ideas?

24 REPLIES 24
neildo
Visitor

Sorry, but Benny Hill did a sketch about the 'ASS out of U and ME' when I was a boy (70's) so credit goes to him rather than Mr Jackson.

sammiimmas
Visitor

Bit of a bummer if its not got bluetooth built in, but you should check it out another time just in case its lurking somewhere. Otherwise I'd say bluetooth you can buy them ready to install and use great ones on ebay at very low prices too!!

Sammi

apierc1
Visitor

It was common place for laptops to have infrared before the dawn of bluetooth, but bluetooth has kind of left it redundanct as infra red was painstakingly slow and you had to have hte two objects in a straight line. As far as I know not many laptops have built in bluetooth, well not at the moment (although I might be wrong) but perhaps in the future, bearing in mind sony bought ericsson as to aquire the rights to bluetooth I would imagine and hope that soon their laptops will come with built in bluetooth devices.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:laughing: This threads over two years old...:smileyconfused:

apierc1
Visitor

Hmm I see that now you have mentioned it, I just looked at recent threads didn't pay any attention to the date :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Perhaps Sammiimmas is trapped in the past, just like in 'The Lake House' Movie:smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

:laughing: This threads over two years old...:smileyconfused:

LOL that was a big flashback there.

sammiimmas
Visitor

Its nice to bring things up to date with those who dont know.

Afterall isnt this the very reason why the forum is here to help people with their technical probz whatever the year.

And oh apierc1 laptops do come with built in bluetooth now......ahhmm was someone talking of being in the past?

Sammi:smileytongue: :tongue: :tongue: :devil:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Totally, but the search engine should be used if you want to find older posts.

Then again it's a bit dodgy that search engine!

sammiimmas
Visitor

Did do initially kept bringing up old posts so then i used ascending/ descending button......still no luck as you noticed.

Oh well, thought it was a good topic regardless of how old it was, people still checking it out.

Sammi:smileywink: