Join now - be part of our community!

SONY software in English?

MartinS
Visitor

SONY software in English?

Hi...

I bought a SONY RS502 in Germany with all German software. I want to change everything to English, does anyone know if that's possible?

I've installed Danish version of Windows XP now, but I can't install the programs on the SONY recovery-cd. 😞

Can anyone help me?

Best Regards
Martin Støvring.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It's not, sorry.
Sony are a bit silly here, they could sell different language packs to VAIO owners, but they won't.

MartinS
Visitor

It's not, sorry.
Sony are a bit silly here, they could sell different language packs to VAIO owners, but they won't.

So it's not possible to buy an English recovery-cd anywhere??? :thinking:

robpaxton
Explorer

No it's not possible. Even if you could get your hands on one it wouldn't install.

MartinS
Visitor

No it's not possible. Even if you could get your hands on one it wouldn't install.

Why woulden't it install if it's the same recovery-CD just with different language????:smileyconfused:

kee-lo_

Because it's locked to the BIOS and ID

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

I got the same problem and i solve like this...

When you re-install the Windows XP, you must indicate the land (Country) and the idiom (Language) to Gran-bretain and englisch. When you finish the installation you will still get all the software in german in the computer, but, The recover disk will be in english.

I did at my computer and work well.

I ask directly to sny and dont have any way to get the software in english when you live in Germany

lazybones
Visitor

control panel

regional/language settings

choose language

should do the trick

:angry: my natural state

chow4now