Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio BIOS startup chime, cant seem to find it

broochie
Visitor

Sony Vaio BIOS startup chime, cant seem to find it

Got a VAIO TZ2WN/B, & last week l managed to downgrade Vista to XP Pro, everyhing was fine except, the screen resolution, had gone from 1366 x 768 to a mere 1024 X 728, which was really bad, so i decided to switch back to Vista. Of late l just noticed that the start up chime is not there any more, when l mean not there, l mean when u enter the bios l cant even see the option whether to increase/decrease the volume, basically its disappeared! How can l get it back, i kinda miss it. :cry: .. Thanks for any assistance....

14 REPLIES 14
broochie
Visitor

BIOS Version : R0052N7
EC BIOS Version : RK052N7
Video BIOS Version : N7ICG_04

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

If you really want the startup jingle you could, if you wish to, try downloading and installing the BIOS Update R0052N7 again..

Use the following link to download the: BIOS

Installation instructions..

How do I update my software?
1. Make sure the computer is connected to the mains and exit all running programs.
2. Download this update and save it to your hard drive.
3. When the download is completed, locate the downloaded file in the location you specified.
4. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the installation (DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS!)
6. The computer will automatically shuts down when the installation is complete.
7. You can now restart your computer.

broochie
Visitor

BIOS update wont work either as it says BIOS is up to date... I know its a feature l dont use, but would be happy to know l have it & works as well. :slight_frown: Thanks Thalamus for your assistance all the way, very much appreciated. Will keep my eyes peeled, who knows someone might just come up with the solution...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

you could try contacting Sony Vaio support they may be able to help with the BIOS problem, however it may prove difficult if they know you have XP installed.. :smileyshhh:

You can contact Sony Vaio support either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

broochie
Visitor

I've noticed one thing the BIOS update required(by Sony) before downgrading to Vista no longer installs, it simply says error & some long message, but the 1st time l attempted to update my BIOS last week, so that l could boot XP Pro, it had almost completed the update before posting an error message. I'm begining to think the little feature was in the old bios & was somehow overwritten :thinking: ..... Well just now need to know how i can flash the installed BIOS, then reinstall it again. Interesting though l think l'm the ONLY one on planet earth with a TZ with that missing chime :laughing: :laughing: .... Oh :cry: