Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio - Clicking Sound

profile.country.en_GB.title
JCWALKER10
Visitor

Sony Vaio - Clicking Sound

I have had my Sony Vaio for just over a year and just recently it has started to make a loud clicking noise when it is tilted forward. Has anybody else had this problem or know what it is? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JCWALKER10,

Can you let us know which Vaio model you have and also where the clicking sound is coming from?

Also when you say that this occurs when tilted forward does this refer to the body of the notebook being tilted or the screen?

As there are few mechanical parts it would seem to be either the hard drive or fan that is the problem.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JCWALKER10
Visitor

The model number is VPCEF2E1E and the clicking noise is coming from the left of the laptop and it is only doing it when the body is being tilted.

austingrd
Visitor

Looks like a mechanical issue may on the fan or HDD. How's the warranty on this? https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

JCWALKER10
Visitor

I think I have a two year warranty with it but I'll have to check that.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JCWALKER10,

Not being familiar with the layout of your model it is difficult to say whether this is coming from the Hard Drive or fan. Generally speaking the HD is towards the front of the notebook and the fan center to rear.

Either way I think you need to contact Support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat