Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Duo13 (SVD1321M2EW) poor wifi

deejohnny

Sony Vaio Duo13 (SVD1321M2EW) poor wifi

Hi i'm Currently having issues with the wifi in my vaio duo 13 (SVD1321M2EW) the wifi recepion is so poor i can hardly get 3 bars and lucky to get 20Mbsdownload speed, my surface rt in the same room picks up full bars and nearly 150Mbs!!!!! also the connection randomly drops to nothing leaving me with no connection!.I know this is a new machine but this is very poor for a machine that costs nearly £1.5k and getting out gunned by a rt device, even the built in vodaphone modem can pick up full bars from a mast god knows were but the vaio cant even connect to a router in the room below.anyone else having problems?

41 REPLIES 41
stredula
Explorer

Do you think VAIO Control Center Updater - 6.0.17.09090/6.1.11.09090/6.2.10.09090/6.3.4.09090 update from web?

If yes, well... nothing has changed for me. I'am really excited if Sony repaired my Duo - really repaired, not only sent back with no change :grin:

deejohnny

Are you sure? As the guy said above its more likely a hardware fault than a software issue hence why sony are recalling some vaio's for repair or as in the states giving users a wi-fi dongle.
deejohnny

I recieved my duo 13 from sony repair today and the WI-FI problem is exactly the same I dont even think they did anything to it,what a waste of time  POOR FROM sony. I also downloaded the new wi-fi driver update and thats done absolutley bugger all . just confirms its a hardware fault. 

stredula
Explorer

I've recieved my Vaio few days ago, too. And they... do absolutely nothing except format c:.

So I will send it to Sony by the end of november again. Maybe sooner, still don't know yet.

But... one thing has changed with my wifi issue. I've installed a this driver update (http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=SVD1321DCXW&upd_id=8845&os_group_id=24) and now it's working much, much better. It's not perfect, but now I can surf the net normally including downloading via torrent, which was almost impossible. So try it too and if nothing will change, do a driver rollback.

Lukas

cdoebbler
Explorer

My Sony Vaio Duo 13 has the same problem. The WiFi is very weak and cuts our all the time without explanation. Sony has known about this probelms for months and has failed to fix it. Sony has not even responded to my enquiry. The advertisements for the Sony Duo 13 claim that it has working WiFi, this is false. Sony will lose many customers and likely face legal challenges unless it immediately fixes this and compensates customers who have bought their top priced machine only to receive a product not of mechantable standards. 

Tags (1)
cdoebbler
Explorer

Yes, this is a problem and if Sony does not fix it I think that each person affected should return their machine and stop using Sony products. We are about to drop Sony (a company of 10,000+).
fairplay123

What a shameful responjse from Sony.  Since they have presumably not sold a lot of DUOs yet, they should be smart, offer a refund or new machine.

But they have lost their quality control and customer service I think.

profile.country.en_GB.title
riashto46
New

Last time I had an issue like this with a VAIO laptop, I tracked it down to - I think - Sony Select. The program responsible for tracking WiFi networks and changing profiles to suit. Uninstalling this solved all the issues I had. All WiFi was then controlled through the standard Windows sub-system.

grannysurfer
Explorer

where do I find Sony select is it in the control panel?

jebrook01
Explorer

I would like to add I got this machine just last week costing over £1600 (SVD1322C5E) and the wifi is dreadful, like everyone else it cuts out, cant detect networks, cant connect to visible networks it pathetic. It took almost 3 weeks for the pc to come I can't wait another x amount of weeks for a replacement I knew I should have bought the dell!