Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Laptop disk ejector opens when i click ctrl

profile.country.GB.title
urslaan
New

Sony Vaio Laptop disk ejector opens when i click ctrl

Everytime i click on thr ctrl button the disk ejector opens up. It's becoming pretty annoying becasue it happens a lot. I'm not sure on the actual cause of this but I've always asssumed it has had something to do with when my laptop got water damage. Some water leaked onto my laptop but luckily it dried and it was working again. But this issue started to occur since then. My laptop model is SVE14AJ16L if thats helps. I don't know if this can get fixed or not but it's worth a try. Thanks in Advance

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi urslaan,

I saw you had posted this twice so I have removed the other comment.

You might want to try contact Sony Support about this via this contact form, but keep in mind that Vaio is no longer part of Sony so they might redirect you to Vaio Support. You can read more about that here.

Hopefully the other Community members have some tips for you too!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It does sound like a hardware fault caused by the water.

I don't know if there is a keyboard shortcut to eject a DVD (something like Ctrl+J) but keyboards are very susceptible to dampness and can do some funny things after a soaking.

You could try connecting an external USB Keyboard and see if the same thing happens - if not then you probably need an engineer to to check for a hardware fault either in the keyboard itself or possibly in another component close to the Ctrl key.