Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio PCG-TR5MP

profile.country.en_GB.title
abbs2011
Visitor

Sony Vaio PCG-TR5MP

Hi, I’m trying to fix a sony vaio PCG-TR5MP windows xp, the problem is the webcam is not working I have tried all the drivers I could find with no success, at first I was getting a white screen when operating the webcam, I though the webcam was faulty so I bought another and replaced the old one now I’m getting dark screen when the webcam is in operating but no image, tested with MSN same result, webcam is present on the device manager so what coild be the problem??

Any ideas please?

Message was edited by: abbs2011

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi abbs2011 and welcome.

Have you tried installing the original Sony CameraCapture Driver to be found in the Preinstalled Drivers Package to be found here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/PCG-TR5MP/updates

The driver will need to be installed from within Device Manager using 'Update Driver' and 'Have Disc' and pointing the installer to the folder containing sonyvcc.inf.

:thinking:

abbs2011
Visitor

Hi there

Thank you for the fast response, I have installed the driver from the Preinstalled Drivers Package, when I try to use the webcam green light comes on but no image just black screen.

abbs2011
Visitor

any ideas on this issue please??

kamalharashkant
Visitor

we have allareedy this problem our setup ar e no viseval here

I just came across your post. I realise it is quite old, but in case it helps anyone, I can provide information about this.
Although Sony have never acknowledged this problem (to my knowledge), there was a manufacturing fault with many of the cameras built into the PCG-TR series. It only showed itself after a time, and involves the adhesive used inside the camera, which degraded and resulted in part of the circuit becoming detached. Sometimes the symptoms are a black screen, with no image at all, sometimes a white screen which could just about discern a shadow effect if something was moved close to it.
I have two TR5MP devices. The cameras eventually failed on both of them. Initially I thought it was a software issue, but after a lot of investigation found about the above.
I realised the camera was not repairable. Eventually I bought a number of replacements taken from scrapped machines, all but two of which had degraded. I fitted the working ones, and years later they are still functioning. This indicates that there was at least one batch of cameras which were OK, but judging by the many posts on the Net about this, not many.
So, for anyone who has a TR series machine whose camera fails for no reason, this is almost certainly the cause. It is a waste of time and effort to try to fix the issue, unless you can find a replacement that works, which given that most of the cameras failed is unlikely.