Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO S series - Order status hasn't changed in over a week

profile.country.en_GB.title
jitshah58
Explorer

Sony VAIO S series - Order status hasn't changed in over a week

Hi there I ordered a VAIO S series 13' customisable laptop on 12th June 2012, and was given an approximate 1-2 week build period estimate before I paid (in addition to standard delivery timescale). I received an email upon receipt "We will send you another email advising when your laptop is going into production." It's now been just over a week, and I've not received any such email, also "Our factory has received your order and has scheduled production of your unit" is a message i get in my account, meaning presumably that the build hasn't started yet. The order status still reads "Your VAIO order is being custom built for you" and has remained like this since I ordered it. 

Should I be worried and contact Sony?

Has anybody else here experienced extensive build times when ordering their VAIO?

I am very disappointed in the lack of communication and clarity from Sony!!

Any advice would be helpful. Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
MrPetrov
Visitor

Have you got the laptop yet? I ordered on 7 June and just took delivery today of the new Vaio S (13" premium).

Petrov.

gavkilty
Visitor

I ordered a S series Vaio configured to my specs, but did it through the local Sony Store. The procedure was the same. The sales assistant did the whole thing online. He said two weeks, and hey presto, it arrived right on time.

jicastl
Visitor

Just orderd a pre-configured machine in UK which was flagged as 'in stock' and paid for guaranteed next day delivery as had heard about problems with configure to order (3 weeks delivery).

Guess what? machine has not arrived. Apparently it's in the small print that next day delivery doesn't mean that as the day after the next also counts. The help line said they have lots of complaints about this - but admitted haven't sorted it out.

No wonder sony share price is going through the floor. They seem to make it as difficult as possible for customers to buy their products :upside_down:

I know this rant doesnt help - but would definitely contact them.

-Cass-
Explorer

Hey,

I would advise you to call the sales team on 0845 6000 124 to check on your delivery. They should be able to help you.

Regards,

Cass