Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGC-VA1 TV Tuner Problem

profile.country.bg_BG.title
Amateur
Visitor

Sony Vaio VGC-VA1 TV Tuner Problem

Hi all im new here.I have problem with my sony vaio vgc-va1.Tv tuner don't have out ports only in but when i plug my tv antena cable in the tv tuner nothin happens i media center.Can anyone help me to watch tv on it and record channels?I live in Bulgaria.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Amateur and welcome.

Are you using the original Windows XP Media Centre Edition?

Have a look at your User Guide Page 33 to see if anything there helps.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/Desktops/VA1/VA1_H_EN.pdf

Are your TV Broadcasts Analogue (UHF) or Digital (DVB)?  Like the rest of Europe, I expect you are transfering to Digital. Have you tried running Media Centre Setup to choose your country and search for TV Channels?  I don't think your Vaio is capable of receiving digital broadcasts without a set-top-box.

:thinking:

Amateur
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,i tried from Windows Media Center Edition but when i try to set up the signal it wants Contry Code.I don't have the code.Im usin only cable tv,unplug from tf and plug in PC-TV Tuner.

Amateur
Visitor

Hi again,i plugged cable in the tv and then from tv out to pc in 3-3 red,white and yellow ok what am i watchin on tv it appears in fly2000tv i record video with bad quality and no sound?Any ideas to repair it?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You would normally connect the co-axial cable to the VHF/UHF ariel socket and run WMC Cable Setup.  If you have a Cable Box, you need an IR Blaster.

Make sure you have your Country Settings set to Bulgaria in Control Panel -> Regional and Language Settings.

On the start screen, scroll to Tasks -> settings -> TV -> Set Up TV Signal.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Set-up-a-TV-signal-in-Windows-Media-Center

:thinking:

Amateur
Visitor

Ok i didnt know the thing with the regional and language options.I'll try tomorrow.And after that i will messege here.

Amateur
Visitor

Ok i changed the regional and language settings.When i entered my postal code in media center it seems that my Country its not sported only USA and Canadian...no idea what to do...