Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN-T1XP - Help needed to stave off insanity

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mlhuzzy
Explorer

Sony Vaio VGN-T1XP - Help needed to stave off insanity

Good morning all,

I'm really hoping someone can help before I go crazy. Recently my Sony Vaio VGN-T1XP hard drive failed, a new one was purchased and I re-installed my OS - Vista 32-bit Home Premium, which went well. However, in my Device Manager I have two items that are not recognised by the system. Firstly, the Mass Storage Controller, the properties state location=PCI Bus 2, device 4, fucntion 3, device type=unknown and manufacturer=unknown. Secondly I have another Unknown Device, properties location= on Intel(R) 82801DBM LPC Interface Controller.

I've searched and searched and found drivers that say they will fix this issue but nothing has helped so far.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue and can share their knowledge?

Best regards in advance.

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Martin and welcome to the Sony Users Community.

You will have to download the original Drivers and Utility Packages as these two items do not appear in the Vista download section and you will need to install the original XP versions.

The Mass Storage Controller is almost certainly the Memory Card reader slot and you need to install the original driver.

The LPC Interface Device will be shown as either 'Sony Notebook Utilities' or 'Sony NC Driver' or 'Sony Firmware Extension Parser (SFEP) depending on the age of your Vaio.

Sorry I can't be more specific for your model but I am out of the house and on my phone at the moment. I'll have a closer look when I get home but I hope the above info is of some use in the meantime.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Martin and welcome to the Sony Users Community.

You will have to download the original Drivers and Utility Packages as these two items do not appear in the Vista download section and you will need to install the original XP versions.

The Mass Storage Controller is almost certainly the Memory Card reader slot and you need to install the original driver.

The LPC Interface Device will be shown as either 'Sony Notebook Utilities' or 'Sony NC Driver' or 'Sony Firmware Extension Parser (SFEP) depending on the age of your Vaio.

Sorry I can't be more specific for your model but I am out of the house and on my phone at the moment. I'll have a closer look when I get home but I hope the above info is of some use in the meantime.
profile.country.en_GB.title
mlhuzzy
Explorer

Hi Blencogo, it states under your Avatar that you are an expert, and you certainly are. All issues fixed and a big thanks to you. I managed to fix the Unknown Device following another chaps advice (can't remember his forum ID) and then downloaded the XP Original Drivers and fixed the Mass Storage Device, which seemed to be an issue with Texas Instruments.

So, many many thanks, you've saved the Vaio from being microwaved.

Thanks again and have a good weekend.

Martin