Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPCF23S1E camera not working after upgrading to Windows 8

profile.country.en_GB.title
bigbwoy
Visitor

Sony Vaio VPCF23S1E camera not working after upgrading to Windows 8

Hi guys!

I have upgraded my Vaio to Windows 8 after having a preinstalled Windows 7. The problem is I can't manage to make the webcam work. I have reinstalled the drivers for Wi-Fi, Sound, Synaptics Pointing Device etc from Windows 7 but camera drivers are still a problem. Please help!

27 REPLIES 27
bigbwoy
Visitor

I've tried to uninstall al the USB Controllers in Device Manager and now the camera is working! Thanks a lot!

I still have the problem with mapping network drives...

UPDATE: I have to uninstall usb controllers every 2 restarts for webcam to work!!

UPDATE2: Now is not working even if I try to uninstall usb controllers..they are installed back again.

Message was edited by: bigbwoy

bigbwoy
Visitor

Does anyone have any more ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I have asked the question - fingers crossed we get some ideas from Sony Support but I see they do not support the upgrade to Windows 8 on your model.

Looking through the W8 drivers, the only other one that may have an impact is the Upgrade of the Chipset Driver: -

8UPG_Chipset Driver (Intel) 9.3 - 9.3.0.1021.0831

Have you installed this?

Let's hope someone finds the solution.

:thinking:

bigbwoy
Visitor

I have instaled this driver and it's still not working..:(

Now I have restarted Windows and I get the same notification when I go to Desktop: "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it."

bigbwoy
Visitor

Another interesting behaviour!

It seems that camera works after intalling or uninstalling NVIDIA drivers 😕

If you install NVIDIA drivers (the ones with NVIDIA control panel) and restart after..it works. If you restart again it doesn't work anymore and you have to uninstall drivers, after that install them again and so forth. All in all you have to make a whatever change in the graphics drivers every 2 restarts. It's the same thing as uninstalling USB Controllers.

Weird right?

UPDATE: The trick doesn't work anymore..

Wonky60
New

Hi, I could not find an upgrade kit for my model, I am getting the same problem as veryone else, it worked great yesterday, today nothing, Removed drives, removed battery on 3rd or 4th boot it worked then stopped on next boot ? ?

Very frustrating

profile.country.en_GR.title
salvovar
Visitor

Hello all

Unfortunately I have the same problem...

I have a VPCEC4M1E laptop and the camera does not work on Windows 8 !!

Any coments are welcome.

Thanks.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Dustin-Timothy
Visitor

Hi,

Same problem here!
Has anyone found a solution yet?

profile.country.de_DE.title
aqua27
Visitor

I am facing same problem with my sony vaio VPCF24CE, I have done clean installation twice, but still web cam is not working properly. the support team does not have any solution for this either. It is baffling me

Please help

profile.country.GB.title
brainz
Explorer

I've got a VPCSE2 and have the same problem.

At first I did a nice completely FRESH install of Windows 8, which worked well except for two problems.

1. The camera would not work with the same errors as previous posters.

2. IE10 (desktop) keeps crashing.

I phoned Sony and they said they didn't support a fresh install, so advised me to reinstall Win 7 then update to Win 8.

A real pain, but I did it..... But I STILL have the same issues