Join now - be part of our community!

sony vgn-g21xp _ keyboard does not works anymore

profile.country.de_DE.title
piemutol
Visitor

sony vgn-g21xp _ keyboard does not works anymore

hello all,

i am owning the above notebook since many years. Never had any issue apart the with the fan noise whcih lastly make me crazy ....running running running no matter if i am doing anything or not.

i tried today to open the notebook to clear up the fan but finally i did not it because.... no idea, i have opened all screws but somethere it has remains fix , somewhere in the middle it seems so that i could not separate top from botton.

my issue now: the keyboard does not respond, it works anymore. Can someone help solving the issue?

thanks

pietro

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Pietro,

It sounds as though you have either damaged the keyboard/cabling or dislodged the keyboard ribbon cable in your attempt to open the unit.

I’m unfamiliar with this model but sometimes there are screws in the battery housing that need to be removed and also occasionally under the keyboard itself before the back panel will come free.

To remove the keyboard it is often necessary to first remove the cover at the top of the keyboard to access the keyboard retaining screws – extreme care should be taken when handling/disconnecting the ribbon cable from the motherboard.

If you are unfamiliar with any of these procedures I strongly urge you to consult a competent repairer.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat